NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL ONCE AGAIN ME AND MY SON HEADED OUT FOR THE SEARCH OF BIGGER BOWFIN AND GAR AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME,WINDY AS IT WAS WE WERE PROTECTED FROM THE WIND BY THE SURROUNDING TREE'S AROUND THE NEW RIVER BRANCH WE FISH :D
WAYNE STARTED THE DAY OFF WITH THE FIRST FIVE FISH WITH THE FIRST ONE BEING A SMALL MUD CAT........................

2 NICE BOWFIN AND 2 GREAT GAR WITH ONE BEING A DESTROYER OF HIS ROD :eek:

THIS IS THE BEAST THAT BROKE HIS ROD IN 3 PLACES AND HE STILL MANAGED TO LAND IT :cool: YOU CAN SEE WHAT IS LEFT OF THE ROD IN THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF THE PIC.............. 11.13 OUNCES

I FINALLY MANAGED ONE FISH A GAR........... AFTER MISSING ALOT OF OTHER FISH I GUESS IT JUST WASNT MY DAY :eek:

WAYNE CAUGHT 2 MORE FISH ANOTHER BOWFIN AND A GAR BEFORE WE CALLED IT QUITS FOR THE DAY..................

BAIT OF CHOICE WAS SAND PERCH AND SHINNERS AS WELL AS SOME MULLETS I MANAGED FROM QUEENS CREEK THE DAY BEFORE ALL WERE USED ALIVE AND THE SHINNERS WERE A LITTLE TOO SMALL FOR WHAT WE WERE FISHING FOR,HAD HOPED FOR A BASS OR CRAPPIE ON THEM BUT THEY NEVER APPEARED FOR US,OH WELL STILL A GOOD DAY AND AFTER ALL WE DID CATCH WHAT WE WERE AFTER.
TIGHT LINES AND SCREAMING DRAGS TO YOU ALL MOST IMPORTANTLY STAY SAFE OUT THERE ;)

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 there Tim and Wayne

Looks like a bunch of wind blown debris and pollen on the water, Do you have much current at this area doesn't look like it?

Can pretty much always count on the bowfin for some fast action.

Tight lines<*)))))>{

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SCOTT,
YES ALOT OF DEBRI ON THE WATER AND IT DEPENDS ON THE TIDES WHAT IF ANY FLOW YOU GET NORMALLY YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO USE SINKERS JUST TOSS THE BAIT AND LET IT DO THE REST,BOBBER FISHING YOU DEFINETLY SEE A CURRENT BUT ITS NOT FAST MOVING.

JERRY,
COMMON DOWN MY FRIEND ILL HOOK YA UP RIGHT PROPER ON THESE FISH I HAVE 2 PLACES I FISH FOR THEM THE NEW RIVER IN JACKSONVILLE AND THE WHITE OAK NEAR STELLA.

RICHARD,
YA WEAR WHAT YA HAVE EXPECIALLY WHEN FREE LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.