NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everyone -- happy to find NCangler.com. I live pretty close to Jordan Lake and got the bass fishing bug a few months back. Just in time for winter! ;-) I am a guy-without-a-boat for now, and I'm struggling to find any bass this time of year on the lake. I'm here to learn what I can from y'all!

Dave

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Your best bet this time of year from shore is to fish some of the deeper spots on the rip rap of Jordan with big bass minnows under a slip cork on a sun soaked afternoon from 3-5 after those rocks heat the water up a bit. Try to fish a spot that the wind is blowing surface water to you on the rocks. Try 3 feet out to deeper around 12-15 if you can get down that far. They will be there. If you can hike to a main lake point that has a good drop that's always a good spot. Bass go crazy in a snow storm for some reason and that's a great time as well.

·
Red X Angler
11,444 Posts
Welcome to the site some of the guys around there do well at the lakes in the parks around Raleigh. Lots of canoe and kayak folks around there as well. one of the best and cheapest ways to get out on the water after some fish.

Darrell

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome to a wonderful site. If your looking for a boat or a kayak you've found a great place to start your look. Happy fishing

Reactions: dbeam

·
Red X Angler
3,799 Posts
Welcome to NCAngler, it's a great community!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Welcome to the site some of the guys around there do well at the lakes in the parks around Raleigh. Lots of canoe and kayak folks around there as well. one of the best and cheapest ways to get out on the water after some fish.

Darrell
Bond lake in cary is a good lake as well but bank access is limited in the good bass spots. Welcome aboard

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Something else I should mention - keep your eye out for trips being organized to kayak fish nearby. Nothing wrong with a reply or two indicating interest "if I had a boat"; often one can be borrowed. That's because we are like dealers giving a little taste. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, Andy and everyone. I picked up an Old Town Saranac 146 canoe this week. Getting a trolling motor and battery later today, and rest of stuff from Amazon. Can't wait to see a different side of fishing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.