NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site and thought I would sign in, I currently live in Naples Florida( 26 years) born and lived in Upstate NY untill 1980. We purchased some property in Beaufort area last year, located at the mouth of Adams creek and South River. We will be looking to build soon if we find a contractor,( and Job) and then I am looking forward to the fishing opertunities in this area both inshore and offshore. Anyone with any advice for fishing the area around South River/Pamlico sound/ Neuse River would be apprecisted.:)

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome to NC Angler & soon to NC. I fish further south so I can't help you with that area but did want to say hello. I know there are a number of folks on this forum that fish that area so I'm sure you will hear from them soon.

Again, welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Welcome to the site mako191! Glad you found us and congratulations on moving up to NC. We have a family home on the Neuse River waterfront in Oriental, NC although I sure don't get down there as much as I'd like to. There are at least three Oriental fishing guides on this website and some residents of Pamlico County that have fished those waters all their lives. I will step aside for their input as I'm still on the learning curve down there myself. But there is great Red Drum, speckled trout, flounder and Tarpon fishing at certain times of the year in the Neuse. This will be a good thread to see their input. Okay Neuse River/Pamlico Sound fishermen jump in here! :)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard, I think you will find the fishing in your new home to be a new challenge. It will take a little time to adjust to the different conditions and rythms but there are plenty of fish there to be caught. Like NCAngler said there are some good guides fishing out of Oriental which are members of this site. Up until recently we were experiencing a very mild winter. This cold front will probably have most of the fish congregating in deep holes back in the dead end creeks. The water temps in these spots take longer to drop which offers the trout especially some measure of protection from winterkill. You will have to fish slow as Christmas once the water temps start dropping but you can still catch them. Good luck with the house ordeal. That is a patience test in it's self. AL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome Fishing in the Beaufort area can be great look forward to seeing you on the water i have a place close to there as well in millcreek. fish most weekends till gets to cold. any time look for a maycraft with reelthang on the side. or drop a line and we can maybe fish together. great to have you on board.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you bought the lot I think you did you are sitting on one of the best red drum and flounder spots in the area. I use to fish the area alot but now spend most of my time pushing bait over the counter so people can go fishing. Welcome to ENC and the boards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.