NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,, a fellow fisher and close friend of mine had a heart attack and under went heart surgery today..

Big Rick, whom took my boy and I out of Orange Beach and has fished with us for a long time out of Apalachicola Fla, went in the hospital this morning... Rick's a good man and I wish/pray for the best for him and hope he pulls thru on his recovery.

My thoughts and prayers for you Rick and the Stacey family.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Prayers sent Dave.

Father, I come and ask that your hand would be upon Big Rick as I pray. That your healing power would touch him right now from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet. As the doctors that Rick is in the care of perform the tasks to aid in Rick's healing steady their hands and give them wisdom to do what needs to be done. Father and Lord Jesus I know that it is your will to bring healing and for Rick to have many more days of tight lines and in that we put our hope and trust. Thank you Lord for what you are already doing to get Rick back on the water quickly!
In Jesus name I pray, Amen!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh man...Rick is a really good guy. I met him a few years ago at the infamous Dauphin Island tourney and always remembered him as a happy and cheerful person. He always had a good story to tell. He's a generous and thoughtful man...the world is definately a better place with him in it.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanx for the support for Rick guys... means alot!

More bad news... My wife's grandmother passed yesterday evening.. she's leaving tomorrow for Massachussetts to attend the funeral with her family. I'll be here at the house with the boys this weekend... definately has been a trying week all around for us here lately..

·
Registered
231 Posts
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. My mother in law is also in critical shape. My wife and I have driven up to Maryland four times in the past three weeks. Sometimes positive things come from hard times because we become stronger and people come together to help one another. Keep up the spirit!

Hey thanx for the support for Rick guys... means alot!

More bad news... My wife's grandmother passed yesterday evening.. she's leaving tomorrow for Massachussetts to attend the funeral with her family. I'll be here at the house with the boys this weekend... definately has been a trying week all around for us here lately..

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Bad news comes in threes so I hope your done with all of this buddy!! Hang in there!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Dave,

I am really sorry about the misses' grandmother. I will be thinking of her and praying for comfort and safe travel. I will also be praying that you and the boys won't let her come home to a big mess to have to clean up!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Al,, thanx for asking... it's been busy here lately and I havent had too much time to post.

I talked to Rick Friday, he's doing well, he's released from the hospital and back home. They did an angeoplasti (sp?), so he's a bit down energy wise, but doing good. That's great news! I havent talked to him today, as I had to juggle some stuff while my wife is up north (attended her grandmothers funeral today).

Everyone,, many thanx for your thoughts and prayers for family and friends.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx Al...

Welp,, grass is cut, kitchen is actually "clean", yard pick'd up, toys put away, boy cleaned his room!! and even shampoo'd the carpets!! :eek: Dinner's "on-time" and lot's and lot's of ice cream guzzled in the last couple days! ha ha ha... Man I need to get out and fish!! These boys are easy... only one bumpin of the coconuts... but no blood drawn.. so I think we'll be ok.... :) Thanx again Al ;)

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Good kids come from good parents. Be proud Dave, very proud!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Glad to hear of the good report on Rick! Also glad to hear that your wife will be able to relax when she gets home. You are a good man Charlie Brown!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.