NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and gave High Rock another shot Saturday. Caught my first and only fish at 8:30 off a dock with a black/blue jig. I tried everything else with no luck. I fished docks, laydown, ledges and humps on the main channel with no luck. Talked to some guys fishing the tournament out of Southmont and they was struggling too so maybe it wasn't just me. I was wondering what it took to win that tournament but didn't stick around to watch the weigh-in.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I wish I were of any help on High Rock. I have caught a few fish there a time or two, but most times I struggle.

·
Registered
236 Posts
fish high rock daily for one species or another....early morning black buzzbait popr on rip rap has produced countless fish....after sun gets up you have two options...flip piers and that's a numbers game flip 25 or so and might not have a hit and hit one and catch a limit...the other is moving offshore throwing cranks/jigs/crig/shakeyhead... last option could be running upriver and flipping log jams or paralleling the bank slinging sb crank (plus tends to get you away from the crowds)

·
Registered
236 Posts
fished the past two afternoons 430 to dark...tuesday we ended up with 14 fish with 7 keepers in the 1.5 to 3 pound range...fished riprap with sb crank and flipped piers with a jig...yesterday we caught 13 all on sb crank...9 keepers yesterday...best five would of went right around 14-15lbs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.