NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Sutton about 2 weeks ago and caught 2 decent size lg mouth. I was under the assumption that the water wasnt going to be as warm as it was and with such a large temp difference from the main pond to the back ponds I am wondering if anyone has any ideas. The fish dont seem to be on any kind of normal pattern. I spent a good idea trying to stay around the 60 degree water and still couldnt see anything bedding or even in the vicinity of the bank. Do they stay out in the middle all the time or what? I was throwing everything from speed traps, flukes, worms and even tried bouncin some jigs off of structure. What works? Any help would be greatly apreciated. Also if anyone has a club down there I am interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Team,

I've been fishing 60degree water for the last two weeks on Norman and the bass seem to be at a prespawn stage right now. Thet are at the mouths of the creeks on the channel side still close to deep water.90% of my fish have come on a black and blue jig with a swim senko cut in half and used as a trailer. They are tight to their cover but seem to venture out a couple of feet for that fat jig. Of course i'm really confidant throwing a jig and that may be the reason i'm having l'm having luck with that lure.

Lots of Luck

Shaw5001

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sutton seems to be the lake that everyone on this site needs help with including myself. Every couple of days someone asks for help and there does not seem to be one correct answer. I think it is one of those places where time on the water is the only way to figure it out. I havent seen any great reports from there but lots of people still go there to fish anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree. I have searched all over the net for any articles or fishing reports on Sutton with no luck. The huge range of water temp from 60 - 82 degrees is whats throwing me for a loop. But your right the only way is to get out there and try to find something that works.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If ya'll get any info PLEASE post it. I have never seen the words "Sutton Lake" so much in such a short time!!!...LOL!!! Looks like it is either the new Eden or Mars...LOL!!!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I agree. I have searched all over the net for any articles or fishing reports on Sutton with no luck. The huge range of water temp from 60 - 82 degrees is whats throwing me for a loop. But your right the only way is to get out there and try to find something that works.
Ther eis plenty of info and reports on here. Did you try our search feature (on the menu bar)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.