NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting for the water temp to come down but getting itchy feet. Anyone fished there lately? Crappie do a little biting thing in the fall but it seems to be triggered by cooler temps. Just wondering if anyone has anything to report?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
nope crummy why wait.. i do a bunch of fishing highrock at night during the summer.. the warmer the water the better.. from 8 pm till about 1 am i went thru 15 dozen minners.. it was not fishing so much as catchin.. i kept about 20 good ones..

zooker

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I was concerned about the lake level. Gotta watch it on that lake. Gonna go soon and beat some docks. How deep are they? I'll try to give a shout before I head down.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
crummy use a floating light -looks like a head light with foam around it- crappie normally will come up to it.. i think 5 feet was how deep i was fishing..i was tied up under either hwy 8 bridges or the train bridge at flatswamp. the big ones hang out at the train bridge. but they are few..

zooker

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
crummy use a floating light -looks like a head light with foam around it- crappie normally will come up to it.. i think 5 feet was how deep i was fishing..i was tied up under either hwy 8 bridges or the train bridge at flatswamp. the big ones hang out at the train bridge. but they are few..

zooker
I hear ya on the big ones. I've caught some decent ones there but most are in the 9-10" range. Bunches of 'em. I would like to night fish it but I can't seem to find the time. We mostly fish early morning till after lunch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Went out on tuckertown tues. morn.
When the fog lifted the crappie started
bitting. We caught several 12" fishing
the bottom with minnows 10 to 12 in.
above a sinker. Hope you all have as
much fun as I did.
Gary

·
Registered
46 Posts
"went out on Tuckertown"...

isn't that a Hootie And The Blowfish song????

just sayin.....

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Tucker's Town is the Hootie song..:)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Caught a bunch of crappie. Only came away with 13 that we consider keepers. 10" or better. The fish are biting decent but I think a little colder water temp will help. Most were caught on deep water docks around 20' at the end. Although the biggest one was in 3' of water, go figure?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.