NC Angler Forums banner

Any fishing reports in Beaufort (SC) / Hunting Island / Hilton Head area?

Inshore 
4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DMYankee15 
#1 ·
Taking the boys to near the ocean for this weekend.... We'll be staying in Beaufort SC, and the boys want to catch some inshore fish (Ok, they also want to catch sharks). Hotels are very reasonable in this area, 15 miles to Hilton Head or Hunting Island, as they mainly exist to serve parents visiting for Paris Island graduations, and this weekend isn't one of those.

We will get some beach time, and some fishing time... Will probably fish the hunting island SP pier on Saturday, and the SC 170 pier on Sunday. Will do some surf fishing while the boys are bouncing in the waves on Sat & sunday.

Any suggestions on places to try would be welcome.

#2 ·
I wouldn't be surprised to hook a Tarpon right now down there. Looking on Google I see HI also has "groins" they have put in to slow beach erosion from rip currents, they look fishy as does the "point" up on north end. That sandy shoal should have some flounder lounging around on it, and you can wade fish it. Give Last Chance Bait n Tackle a call and they can fill you in. (843) 379-0448
Port Royal has a boardwalk too by the ramps. http://eatsleepplaybeaufort.com/things-to-do/fishing-2/

Reactions: biglenr
#3 ·
Will definitely try that boardwalk.

I've never caught a tarpon. I surely don't expect to catch one now. I'll be happy with anything, though.

#4 ·
I would head to Hunting Island before HIlton Head. Both are a drive from Beaufort, but Hunting Island has more scenery. Great place to camp too. There is a lagoon at Hunting Island that holds some fish, and the pier is usually a good spot. Just don't ignore the shoreline around the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.