NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I am new to this site. I live in Clayton. Anyways, I have a few small ponds I visit, but the big fish really aren't there. So I am looking to venture out. Does anyone know of some good bank fishing for bass around the triangle? I mean I'm willing to hike a bit to get to a spot too. Or maybe there is a little lake or something?

And anyone know if Buckhorn Lake in Wilson County is any good for bank fishing?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm out near you, so I'll be interested to hear the answers as well. A few places I know of around the area:

These places all limit fishing to the dock/pier area, no fishing from the bank. This is City of Raleigh policy, I believe, so anything they run will probably be the same
- Lake Wheeler
- Lake Johnson
- Lake Benson (can fish near the boat house off Buffaloe Rd)

There are a couple of public-access fishing spots on Lake Jordan. One at Bells Church (I think that's the name of it), and another one on the same road, just on the opposite side of 64. Harris and Falls are both pretty good sized, not sure of the bank fishing options though. Lake Crabtree out by the airport has at least some bank fishing spots.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you don;t mind hiking into the woods.... you can find some good bank fishing opportinities on Falls Lake. If you get a map of the lake (got one at GOP) and some waders you can find some relatively shallow areas and do a good bit of wading. I say get a map because the creek channels and reiver beds can drop off pretty fast. Again if you don't mind the bugs and brush, getting off the beaten trail can produce in the Eno, Neuse and crab tree creek around he city.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts