NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
"Any good fishing on the NC coast?" -- surely you jest...

The place I go most often is Fort Fisher -- From Wilmington, head south toward the Aquarium and the Ferry, keep going past both. When your tires get wet, unload the kayak. There's a rock wall on your right (which protects "The Basin" from the Cape Fear shipping channel), Zeke's Island to the south, and if you go around the east size of Zeke's, you can keep going all the way down to the mouth of the river, all the while staying between the barrier islands and the jetty (known as "The Rocks").

There are lots of places around Wrightsville as well -- fished the jetty at the south end of the island once, and the next day launched from under the bridge, right after you cross over to Wrightsville proper.

Swing by Cape Fear Kayaks on Eastwood Blvd in Wilmington, they've got maps of several area places, and can tell you where to watch out for commercial traffic and rec traffic...

Lefty

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yup, the flounder are down there as well. I think the biggest flattie I caught at Ft. Fisher was about 13", which is below the limit these days, but still legal for most catch-photo-release tourneys. Moseyak caught a couple keeper flounder last year at the Meet'n'Greet.

Speaking of which, if your calendar is open for June 28, there will be a whole armada of yaks descending upon Fort Fisher. Check out Druminator's threads for info and PM him to RSVP.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
10-4 plenty of places to launch a yak and lots of water to float a boat/yak.:) trout, drum and flatties are at your beckon call, just make sure you get the Hootie, whos right before you call.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.