NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its getting about time to start catfishing. Anyone know of any places on the cape fear around fayetteville. Prefferably north of the water plant. IM trying to find a place accessable for bank fishing. I like channel cats but cats are cats.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Guys, It's been a long time, but I have kayaked the whitewater on tha Cape fear. We put in at a boat ramp upstream of the water plant, the boat ramp is several miles above the water plant across the river. You might could look up boating access to the river and find it. We did see several people fishing for big cats along the river. I offten use Windows Live to do some arm chair scouting before a trip.

Live Local Search

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I'm not sure where the water plant is but there is a public fishing area at Arnett park. This is on the shore of the Cape Fear in Southern Fayetteville out near the Coliseum Area. Look it up at the Parks and Rec website for fishing.
Environmental and Outdoor Programs - Fishing

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Have heard good things about this site. I'm going to try it myself one day this summer. Will let ya know how I do there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whatcha doing friday evening? I might go there just to try to catch the record. being down river from the crap plant should give them plenty of corn to eat haha.

Let me know.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
After hitting Gander Mtn. I've got to do the quality time thing with the wife. One night of missed fishing for a bunch others. Good trade off.

By the way, I never said I'd be keeping the stuff I caught to eat. I just think I might get a good shot like you said. Lots of nitrates in that diet. ha ha.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
"Crappy" fishin for catfish..? LOL:)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to work at a car shop down from arnett park. If the weather is nice tomorrow Ill be out there. I have been trying to scout some areas to bank fish the river. I drove around behind kelly springfield i was told there was a way to drive down right behind there.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
If you find it and it's allowed to be fished let me know. I live so close to the factory that I can throw a rock into their front yard. I used to know a guy who lived back there and owned frontage of the river. May have to look him up. His house is visible from 295 when you are headed from 401. Might need to go see him one night although we weren't on speaking terms last time I saw him.

Also rob, there is a public access place just outside of Erwin on Highway 217. Just go past Linden (the left fork) and then turn right at the first road (this avoids going through the town of linden). Follow that road until it dead ends. Turn left. Go about 10 minutes on that road and you'll get to a bridge crossing the cape fear. After crossing the bridge there is a cleared out parking area. This is privately owned but they allow folks to fish there. Been there for years.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We might have to run out there sometime.

ok if you go down the road next to kelly spring field staight to the end there is a little barrier, and a dirt road along the right side that goes over the hill. drive down the hill ther ya be.

I went down to arnette parka nd did the butt slide down a 12 ft muddy bank today. I took my dough bait, didnt stay out long because of the storm rollin in. But Id like to hit the river in a boat and tie off somewhere.

·
Registered
954 Posts
We might have to run out there sometime.

ok if you go down the road next to kelly spring field staight to the end there is a little barrier, and a dirt road along the right side that goes over the hill. drive down the hill ther ya be.

I went down to arnette parka nd did the butt slide down a 12 ft muddy bank today. I took my dough bait, didnt stay out long because of the storm rollin in. But Id like to hit the river in a boat and tie off somewhere.
Is this area ok for public use? Do you need 4wd to get down the road? I live in this area and would like to explorer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.