NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try the creeks off of New River, I don't think you'll get much more information than that from anybody here after the Smith Creek incident. I do hear that they are suspending these days.

Reactions: JBassAssassin

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Got money for a new boat, hire a guide! ....... Sorry but your request is out of line.

This new element of our culture, this behavior of asking others to just volunteer information to a complete stranger.
Is mind boggling.
I find this to be the height of selfishness asking others that you have no relationship with to just give up locations.
Aren't you even embarrassed for asking?

I will always share with those that have been gracious enough to share with me. ..... ICM

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Not to be crass, as most here are very helpful, but trout information is not just typically tossed out in the open for everyone to read. Now basic stuff sure. They are biting in all the coastal areas where the wind, water temps, and/or tides are right. Is someone going to say, Pamlico river, XX creek, to the left under those docks and down that weedline? NO, and the biggest reason is because any info on catching trout today, becomes a mad rant about the nets that were stretched across that spot, or the number of boats stacked in there tomorrow. But as I said, they are around and they are biting up and down the coast so go get some!

·
Registered
337 Posts
More than once last year I have caught trout on the same day from the ICW all the way into fresh water. This year I've caught them by the ICW and way up in the creeks. We protect our trout spots because we work hard for them. I bet I threw a topwater 2000 times before I ever found a trout that wanted to hit it. I've covered miles and miles of water both alone and with buddies. If you have a boat and want to learn about the new river just cruise around all day. Learn about the river. I had to work hard to find fish but I also cheated quite a bit by hiring the breadman several times. I will tell you a trip with the Breadman in May will change the way you look at fishing.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Sorry if I came off a little strong.
That's because DavidC & I had a long, tedious, fishless day in New River.
We put our time in, have the knowledge & talent. We even had intel from two hardcore friends that fish up that way.
And we were skunked .......

I can tell you where we fished, but won't. Didn't do us any good, why do you think it would be any better for you? ...... ICM

Reactions: Brenardo

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just pull a map of new river and look for the creek's. Everyone here knows them. Despite what everyone on here thinks, they are not a secret! The main creek's (French, Wallace, northeast and southwest) typically hold fish year round. Saying to try those spots is not going to start the "trout murder fest of 2015" ….. As previously stated, they are pretty well known. Just cruise around and find a pattern and you will catch fish. I find it very disturbing the attitude on this site. I'm willing to bet my next paycheck everyone on this site has gotten tips or advice on where to fish, and even what you use at some point in their life. I've seen netters all over the river well before I joined this site.... So I'm sure they know where to go as well.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
Yes there are a lot of good trout spots around Jacksonville. From the mouth of the river way up above Jacksonville all holds trout throughout the year. Good luck and if you have any more specific questions without asking where exactly to fish don't hesitate to ask. For those asking what this forum is about it is indeed about helping one another out and sharing our experiences. That doesn't mean it's about giving about the spot you worked so hard to find on your own or that was entrusted in you by a friend. A report can indeed be written without writing the location. For example... http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threads/68459-Another-bad-day-to-be-a-trout

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
I don't understand how moderators of this site continue to pacify rude childish behavior on this site.... You don't have to give up a spot you worked so hard for, but you also don't have to bash someone asking for help or that is helping someone else out.... Just my 2 cents
I don't understand how any moderator (I know it was directed at me considering I'm the only one that's responded) has been rude. Can someone please explain to me how I've been rude so that I can take the proper channels in the future to prevent it from happening again. That's never been my intent and I apologize to anyone that feels as if I've been rude to them. One problem with communication via web forum or text is that there really aren't any emotions and unless you truly know someone it can be very difficult to decipher how they attempted to deliver their information.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
jongurly , don't know if you are new at fishing or have been fishing for a long time and just wanting to fish new river for the first time . if you are new the only thing for you to be better and catch more fish is going as often and learning something new on each trip , it takes time and patience . if you want to learn the new river , they have two of the best guides anywhere , ricky kellum and breadman . myself , i have fished the new only 3 times and got skunked twice but i'll be back . as far as this site , i have only been on it a few years but it has been very helpful to my fishing knowledge so i would encourage you to stay on it . good luck and can't wait to see you post a pic of some nice trout from the new river .

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't understand how any moderator (I know it was directed at me considering I'm the only one that's responded) has been rude. Can someone please explain to me how I've been rude so that I can take the proper channels in the future to prevent it from happening again. That's never been my intent and I apologize to anyone that feels as if I've been rude to them. One problem with communication via web forum or text is that there really aren't any emotions and unless you truly know someone it can be very difficult to decipher how they attempted to deliver their information.
Sir, as I stated in my pm to you, I will explain in public as well. I never said you were rude. You have never been rude, only professional in all your posts. I just feel moderators should, at times, reprimand certain behavior vice pacify it. There is no reason at all for rude responses that were made to a request for assistance from a fellow angler. No excuse. Again, just my 2 cents. I apologize for the miscommunication. Was not my intent and I definitely did not call you rude as you are not. Again. My apologies

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.