NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a small creek that i cought some fish on with some live bait. Nothing but some very small bass and some small bream. I have seen some big bass in there and some striper going to the private lake around the bend.

The creek across doesnt reach more than 25ft across at the most and only gets more than 10ft deep in like 3 spots. It forks off some fast moving water that runs from the lake then dies to a stand still by the fork.

What seems to be the best artificial to use with this type of creek. I tried some dark colored softbaits in the murky water under heavy cover with no success. I just tossed some minnows out right by the fork where the water just calms and i got some small bass.

Toss out ideas no wrong answers here

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Hey sound like the minnows have it.:cool:

In small waters use small offerings. Beetle spins, small 4 inch plastic worms rigged with just enought weight to take it down, 3-4 inch husky jerk minnows or rebels. Small 1/4 ounce spinnerbaits.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.