NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems quiet around here. Fishing no good? Been a few times myself. Went to a friends farm pond and played with the bass and brim. Been to a private set of catfish ponds. Planning a mountain stream trout fishing trip this weekend.:D

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I can offer you a couple of tips and they may not be helpful depending on the local weather. Normally this time of year the water is low and clear. 1. Wear camo and keep your profile low when fishing smaller streams 2. Use the lightest tackle you have under those conditions. Oh! 3. try some of Forest's Ants;) 4. Try my super secret bait (Live horseflies) 100% guaranteed. Muddy water or crystal clear. AL

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Would love to be fishin.. but...

Would love to be out catchin fish Crummy.. but I'm in California (for the past few weeks)... so all business and no play for me... Plus I got the boat up for sale... So when we get the next boat, my fishin will resume (at a slower pace than previously).

Simply cant wait to get back to Carolina... what's that James Taylor song? Carolina in my Mind..... :)

P.s. the West Coast is very "over rated" in my opinion :rolleyes: My 4th trip out here, and hopefully my last! (caint git a good sweet tea here for nuthin!) :eek:

Y'all be good, catch'm up!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Dave - Dang man, I thought you fell off the face of the earth or something. ;) Be safe and come on back and let's fish! I'm all over those flounder, reds and trout I promised to take ya looking fer. Been catch'n a few nice kings too!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ha!

Nope,, kinda intermittent on the internet thing where I'm at (wireless doesnt work that great)....

Should be back begining next month in NC.. so cant wait to get back home.:D

Unfortunately... unable to get out to "shop" for fish'n stuff:mad:

The biggest thing around here in NE Cali is trout and lake fishin. Lot's of older style ski boats and bass boats and stuff. More recreational water type activities in and around Marysville area north of Sacramento.. unfortunately unable to get to the Cali coast this trip. Wanted to rent a boat, but the laws and reg's didnt allow me the opportunity to meet the requirements.. plus work time is a big factor in it as well... :eek:

Mike, will definately get with you when I get back. So far two bites on the boat, ones on the hook right now.. so if the boat sells, it will get me into the next boat pretty soon, so fingers X'd on "timing". Will give ya a holler when I get back;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can offer you a couple of tips and they may not be helpful depending on the local weather. Normally this time of year the water is low and clear. 1. Wear camo and keep your profile low when fishing smaller streams 2. Use the lightest tackle you have under those conditions. Oh! 3. try some of Forest's Ants;) 4. Try my super secret bait (Live horseflies) 100% guaranteed. Muddy water or crystal clear. AL
You left one out. One that is abundant right now. Wasp larvae.;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would love to be out catchin fish Crummy.. but I'm in California (for the past few weeks)... so all business and no play for me... Plus I got the boat up for sale... So when we get the next boat, my fishin will resume (at a slower pace than previously).

Simply cant wait to get back to Carolina... what's that James Taylor song? Carolina in my Mind..... :)

P.s. the West Coast is very "over rated" in my opinion :rolleyes: My 4th trip out here, and hopefully my last! (caint git a good sweet tea here for nuthin!) :eek:

Y'all be good, catch'm up!
Hurry back, ya hear!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
No okra, backeye peas, butter beans, collards, turnips, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, squash, field peas, silver queen corn, no cornbread, no biscuits, no molasses, no beets, no barbeque, no country ham, no liver and onions NO GROUPER, NO SNAPPER, NO KINGS, NO SPANISH, NO BLACKFINS EITHER. WHAT'CHA GONNA DO? WHAT'CHA GONNA DO DAVE?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Had some butterbeans, beets and homemade cornbread with onions and green chiles for supper last night....yum..... Oh yeah and flounder fillets from those fish I caught Tuesday night.

Got more of those flounder waiting fer ya Dave!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I didn't want to hurt any one's feelings but , me and the son in law went flounder fishing last Sat. Anchored at edge of sloughs. Used light weight spinners Carolina rigged # 2 skirted clousers tipped with belly teaser baits and jigged. For supper a platter piled high with whole fried flounders( had to break out LARGE skillet).:) Slaw , stewed taters seasoned with fresh basil, cukes,maters,onions, homemade tartar sauce, corn bread. Neighbor brought over a fresh blueberry cobbler.

Whew! Tough life down here.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Randy--- Sounds like a plan. We'll do it. From mid Sept. through mid Dec. should be great trout and flounder fishing if the storms hold off. We can hit back waters for trout early am and fish flounder on best tide at inlets after trout fishing. I didn't get many votes on the skirted clouser but, flounder voted it number one. They think its something alien and are trying to eliminate it before it can take over.:) I'm using 6 ft light wt Fenwick, Shimano 2000, 10 lb. Power pro line, Carolina rigged. I can feel a flounder flutter when he picks rig up. Only problem is I have to perform surgery on most of catch to get my small lures back.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I probably need to explain my previous post better-- Yep -- I do use saltwater flies and streamers Carolina rigged on light and ultra light spinners. Big fish seem to like small morsels between regular meals.;) Snack time!

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No okra, backeye peas, butter beans, collards, turnips, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, squash, field peas, silver queen corn, no cornbread, no biscuits, no molasses, no beets, no barbeque, no country ham, no liver and onions NO GROUPER, NO SNAPPER, NO KINGS, NO SPANISH, NO BLACKFINS EITHER. WHAT'CHA GONNA DO? WHAT'CHA GONNA DO DAVE?
Really doesn't sound like my kinda place. Attended a good ole fashioned hog BBQ over the weekend, with live music, dancing, and the works. Oh, well somebody's gotta do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.