NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up? I have already called my home town mechanic on this and he could figure it out unless he drove it. here is the problem.

I have a 2003 Ford F150 4x4 FX-4. The problem is when i leave from a stopped point and turn right my passenger side rear wheel feels like it is slipping. No matter how much gas i give it, it still does it. When i start of straight or turn to the left I have no problem with it. I know the actual tire isnt spinning. WHAT COULD IT BE? Any help will definatly help me out before i have to take it to a mechanic here in the DC area. Thanks:mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well,
I am by far a mechanic however, I work on everything from cars to boats to lawn mowers ect......!! Live on a farm and have a bunch of stuff that likes to break!:). As we all know there is no real substitue for being there and actually seeing it happen. It could be many things but if it were me the first thing I would look at is the condition of the spline on that axle? Sounds as if a portion of it may be damaged and only showing during certian conditions? You say it only happens on one tire during turning? So, again take it for what it is worth there may be something going on inside the differential and the spilne on that axle may tell you the story? Just a guess on my part?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Either the axle has stripped the splines or you have a Trac-Lok malfunction in the rear differential.

Reactions: puppydrum48
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.