NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey sinker man,,,
didn't get out last couple of weeks. last weekend we stayed in the new river all weekend due to the big ponds bad attitude but this weekend is looking good. i think we are going to fish the sneads ferry king mackeral tournament. i havent had the chance to spend much time at the keyboard lately either....lots going on right now. i'll get the posting back to normal soon. if the weather man is right then there should be some good reports come tuesday.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I was out towards New River Inlet near marker 17, and we were hitting spanish macks, croaker, and speks like it was going out of style. Tide was going out and they were feeding off shrimp and cut bait. We used drop shot rigs and they were hammering them. The little ones couldnt get the hook in their mouth so the kept stealing the bait. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
dragula65000,,,,was this last weekend?
i was in my little skiff....it is blue and has a small center console. i might have passed by you . left the other boat in dry stack all weekend. we did good with the croakers but they were all kinda small....a few nice spots though. couldn't buy a bite from a flounder which is what we were after. see ya on the water.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Sorry I was out all weekend. Actually I may have seen you. I have an 18 foot bass boat. Trying to navigate that channel is a nightmare. I got hung up a few times, but nothing major, then water in the carbs, another kicker. I'm plannin on going back out and heading up the intracoastal waterway. Have you ever fished it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.