NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know one fella said he was into Photography but cant remember who it was.
I bought a Canon 20d last week. It came with a nice 24-85 ef lens. But Its not much of a wide angle. IM doing my classes on graphic design and advertising but hoping to get into the photography side of things. I got contacted by a magazine that saw a few of my photos. From a borrowed camera. and they want me to cover a huge Race up at VIR called GT Live. Well I bought my own camera and need to borrow a lens with either a wider angle like a 18-55 kit lens or a nifty fifty. Or something with a little more reach like a 70-25 70-300 ef or sigma, L glass ect.
I dont have the money to buy one yet ( plan on getting a 70-200mm 2.8 L) eventually.

If anyone can help please let me know

Robbie

ps if someone needs some pics taken let me know. I need some shots to put together a portfolio.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rob, I have an Olympus E-Volt 500 and use it quite a bit. I have a Sigma 55-200mm 1:4-5.6 DC digital lens w/a Fujiyama 55mm UV filter. My dad picked it up for me from Hong Kong as I needed something other than the standard 17.5-45mm 1:3-5.6 (really like a 15-35mm because of the digital conversion) didn't work out at sporting events. If you want to see if it works on your rig you can stop by and try it out...I'm not going anywhere anytime soon :(

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer the lenses arent interchangable. But I love the e-500 here in the scuttle butt section where it says to all my fishing friends. i took those pics with a olympus e-500 My friend charlie loaned me his for the past month or so and i lov eit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Rob, you sure that the Sigma won't work? The mount should be the same. The E-volt is a great camera and it holds its own against ones that are almost 2x the price.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im off work tomorrow I can swing by your place if you pm me your phone number and address. and try it but i belive that the mount rings are different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.