NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Sorry Fellows--- I must pass on this one. I come from the era of old level wind reels, split bamboo and steel rods. Some days your first cast would be your last. It would take a week sometimes to pick out and untangle a major backlash. :eek: Had to, no way I could afford a new line. For me ,outside of trolling, if it can't be done with a spinner or fly rod, it will have to go undone. I know they have pretty well perfected bait casters and I own some, just too many old bad memories to use them, first backlash and I would probably chunk overboard.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
OK. Just don't make me use a bait caster. :) I really can't add any more than you have already outlined. I can use an open face spinner and do same things you outlined in your previous post, plus make a slingshot out of it in close cover. I do very little freshwater fishing anymore, but when I did, I always prefered my fly rod to bounce popping bugs and ants off stumps and underbrush. I got tired of climbing trees to retrieve lures is the main reason I started tying flies. For me, it's difficult to explain the how to's, but I know how it's done. Practice and practice, I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.