NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out and about Saturday and Sunday riding around in the boat. Didn't get a chance to toss a line in the water unfortunately. Hoping this coming weekend I can get out and try it, if chores at the house don't get in the way.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Caught one of my dogs dragging my castnet into the back yard, got it before he chewed it up. Caught my thumb in a doorjamb working on the house, hurt like %#[email protected] Caught my neighbor sneaking out to get her paper off the sidewalk in her nightshirt early this morning, I will stop my description here but lets just say she should be more careful how shes dressed when reaching for things on the ground.. But no, no fishing..

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Tons of boats cruising around today trolling. Not sure if they caught or not but I would suspect so. Blues and Spanish. Kings are coming as well as cobes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it was PACKED Sunday. What a nightmare getting the boat back on the trailer. Holy cow, there was probably 10-15 boats in line, just waiting to tie up. A madhouse. Oh, and alot of dumb people. I get a kick out of watching some of the people trying to retrieve there boats. I understand about the house stuff. haha I'm going to try and get everything I need to get done this week after work, so I have a day to fish!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I caught my first flounder of the year, about 8", and the biggest puffer I've caught, close to 12", both on the South End of Wrightsville with my wife and son. Good times!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hooked into 5 flounder, caught two that were 13" the other two that i saw dropped right before i grabbed them looked like they were 16 or 17 :/ wish i had caught those for dinner. a friend of mine caught a pretty nice sand shark 2 foot long or so. and i saw a couple more flounder caught. i also caught one 8 or 9 inch blue and saw a few more cruising around. one other thing that broke my line after it screamed some drag, i assumed it was either a large flounder or most likely a blue.

some bait is starting to show up theres plenty of glass minnows now and something that was a bit deeper that i couldn't identify. good luck!
Brad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts