NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about dragging a kayak down east tomorrow, ahead of Friday's cold front. I've missed out on a couple recent opportunities and I'm tired of missing. Haven't chosen a destination yet - I won't go as far as the OB, but most anything else is in play, from Washington down to Southport. Primarily looking for flat water trout, drum, flounder, and/or striper.

Might consider being talked into leaving the kayak at home:)eek:) and fishing off a pier or another vessel.

Anybody planning to be out and about? If no, anybody got a good suggestion for tomorrow late morning through afternoon based on tides/wind/recent catches?

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
The wind got up on the beach today. I would not fish the pier. Just came from there. Crowded with spot fisherman, and muddy water. Did land a few flounder anyway. The water in the ICW and creeks have been very clear this week and really high tides. Still plenty of live minnows and live shrimp around. At least in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The NOAA-NWS forecast is for increasing winds all day tomorrow due to TS Noel outflow. Also a 50% chance of rain mostly on the central coast.

Earlier this week I was planning to paddle/fish around Swansboro area either today or tomorrow, but today did not work out and now tomorrow does not look good for sitting on a piece of plastic in open water with the wind busting my chops. Early next week, Monday, looks like my backup day for a quick day trip. Water temps have been high for this late in October, I hope the recent cold snap and rains have cooled down the inshore water so the specks will start showing up in numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.