NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there was still a good bite going on in the upper or lower Roanoke.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
with the warmer temps most people are switching from stripers to trout and flounder... Releasing rock into warmer water they sometime's don't do very well...

15 days untill trout season opens back up. I might have to get off my butt and start fishing again. I haven't been out on the water in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know stripers on the Roanoke are becoming less popular as the summer moves in but I didn't get the time to fish for them further up river in April-May and kinda wanted one last go at them. I never fished for them during the migration back to the sound but it has to be good if you can mark their location in the river. Thanks for chiming in though..

·
Registered
338 Posts
Haven't been in a few weeks but everybody I have talked to around Plymouth says nobody's been catching. Friend of mine lives on a boat by the landing and stays pretty much on top of things. The water conditions have kept me off of the water lately. Too much water coming from the dam I think. Things should improve this week though.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't been in a few weeks but everybody I have talked to around Plymouth says nobody's been catching. Friend of mine lives on a boat by the landing and stays pretty much on top of things. The water conditions have kept me off of the water lately. Too much water coming from the dam I think. Things should improve this week though.
Thanks for the update. Let us know if anything changes.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I rode up to weldon for the heck of it the fri of memorial day weekend cause i thought there wouldnt be many people there, and i was right, but i caught quite a few then all on curley tails and topwater. I would imagine there still up there in good numbers

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I rode up to weldon for the heck of it the fri of memorial day weekend cause i thought there wouldnt be many people there, and i was right, but i caught quite a few then all on curley tails and topwater. I would imagine there still up there in good numbers
they must have really been biting for you to catch em on artificials lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts