NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please explain how you plan on sharing a paddle.... I wanna see that ;)
I meant if they cant buy half the gas or bait I will share my paddle with them (to use) lol

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I'll be in that area Fri and Sat fishing with a friend out of his boat. Will be monitoring VHF #68 in case there are others in the area -- hopefully we can find some fish. will be covering water from beaufort inlet, CL jetty to the shoals. // Joel

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
I need a job on the coast so I can catch more salt water fish....

It's very tempting as is to throw the yak on the roof and head out there for morning...I can't do it, but I want to. Bad.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Len,

I got the fever just as bad or worse. I am taking my teen triplets to the beach early AM. I know they will want to stop for breakfast and will probably not want to stay as long as I would and I will be lucky to get 4 hours in the surf for ~4 hours of driving (slightly over 2 each way). They could surprise me and I could get more like 7 hours or it could be less than 3. I'm going anyway.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I need a job on the coast so I can catch more salt water fish....

It's very tempting as is to throw the yak on the roof and head out there for morning...I can't do it, but I want to. Bad.
Work is the problem. There would be little of it if I lived at the coast. I did it for 18 months 25 years ago.
I was well headed in the direction of the beach bum occupation.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Len,

I got the fever just as bad or worse. I am taking my teen triplets to the beach early AM. I know they will want to stop for breakfast and will probably not want to stay as long as I would and I will be lucky to get 4 hours in the surf for ~4 hours of driving (slightly over 2 each way). They could surprise me and I could get more like 7 hours or it could be less than 3. I'm going anyway.
And making sure they are ready, it turns out they all three need new beachwear, and of course you can only get that at the beach. I guess I will have to stop at ECS and go upstairs; I don't think any other beach store opens before 10. Will probably only cost me 20 minutes and $90 :eek: or so...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Caught nice three to four pound blues over the cape lookout shoals today. No sign of albacore or bonito. Wind kicked up badly mid day so we retreated to barden inlet and caught small sharks. Not what we wanted but they fought hard and there were lots of them.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joel chasin tails reported a bonito and even a few spanish today, maybe youll find them tomorrow :)

Reactions: Spider Crack

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Caught "taylor" blues in the 2-4lbs range until our arms were tired on saturday (4/26). bigger fish were right in the impact zone, so we'd position the boat to avoid the breaking water, sling metal jigs into the rough water and burn 'em back as fast as we could reel. caught dozens of them that way. we had hoped to find choppers, but had a blast catching these -- they really whacked the lures and fought really hard. only got one wave in the face - felt about 60F.:D

we finally figured out a way to position the boat in such a way that we could reach the rough water by casting, but would harmlessly drift back into the relatively calm slot just north of shark island. later in day we found several large bait pods between the shoals and CL jetty -- so that's gotta be a great sign for fishing in the near future. soaked some bait at the jetty, but only caught sharks and rays -- altho i hooked a 3ft+ shark which was incredibly strong -- tried to tighten the drag to get the fish to the boat quickly, but he'd have none of it. ripped out line and put a great bend in the rod. have become a big fan of circle hooks with no barb -- could get the sharks to the boat and release them easily/quickly. wind change to SW made for a very rough boat ride back in front of shackleford. great day on the water.

a couple of photos from the day:

Cloud Water Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Watercraft

Taylor's Creek at dawn:

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere

1 - 12 of 12 Posts