NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging through some stuff today getting hunting gear together and came upon my fly tying box leftover from when I tied my own jigs and flies for salmon and steelhead. Then looked at my hardbait box and decided to do some experimenting.

I came up with some pretty good looking color combos tied onto the rear treble of my mirrolures. Could it help? Its possible but it probably makes zero difference if I had to guess. Does anyone do this? Im giving them a shot in the morning, hopefully the trout are where I found them a few days ago.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a fly vice on a tying station. I take the treble off, put it in the vice and tie on whatever material suits the bait. I used marabou instead of bucktail like you usually see because the marabou definitely has more action in the water. I'll see if I can get a couple pics tomorrow of the baits I did. But its really easy to do an only takes a couple minutes with the right tools.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.