NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've been told, there are some pretty big stripers in Lake Hickory but I've never been there. Any ideas where to look for 'em this time of year? Since I still haven't broken the new boat curse:eek: , I may as well look for the big uns to break the curse the right way.:cool: Besides, I think all the fish have been caught out of Lake Norman.:rolleyes:

Thanks for any input,

Dave

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I fished it a few weeks ago and caught some bass around the docks. I've heard of some nice stripers on the upper end of the lake. Striper fishing has eludded me, and I haven't tried it much. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I think someone tapes it to my back everytime I go fishing. The fish sit on the outside of it and laugh at me.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Is that what it is, a new boat curse? I've got that problem too. I keep saying I have to get that big sign removed from the bottom of my boat that says "Fish Keep Back 2000 Feet" :)
I think someone tapes it to my back everytime I go fishing. The fish sit on the outside of it and laugh at me.
I'm following you two dudes fishing - I'll just hang back about 2000 feet....:p

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I might just not be getting to where they are. I've seen some spots I'd like to get to but I don't have the boat in the water yet and can't access them from the shore.

·
Registered
24 Posts
And I think I may be just going to the wrong spots. Had my boat since July 06 and have only caught 2-3 fish I might be halfway proud of :(. Have had many days with nothing and many more with a bunch of little bream, which my son (5) doesn't mind but I long for something more impressive! Some day I'll change my level from "New Angler" to "Angler" but so far I haven't earned it. I go mainly to Lakes like Belews, High Rock, or Norman.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
And I think I may be just going to the wrong spots. Had my boat since July 06 and have only caught 2-3 fish I might be halfway proud of :(. Have had many days with nothing and many more with a bunch of little bream, which my son (5) doesn't mind but I long for something more impressive! Some day I'll change my level from "New Angler" to "Angler" but so far I haven't earned it. I go mainly to Lakes like Belews, High Rock, or Norman.
High Rock should be productive. Crappie season is coming.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Hey kville. Not to worry, persistence and a desire to learn will pay off (I'm counting on it myself! :D ). And all you have to do in this forum to be elevated from 'New Angler' to 'Angler' and then 'Senior Angler', is participate by posting questions, answers, stories, photos, etc. Those levels are based solely on the number of posts a member makes on the website. ;)
Some day I'll change my level from "New Angler" to "Angler" but so far I haven't earned it. I go mainly to Lakes like Belews, High Rock, or Norman.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Nah, I still think it's the new boat curse. After I catch my first nice fish, the curse will be broken and then Look Out. :D
Dave - you don't have any bananas on that boat do you???? :eek: If so, you need to get rid of the banana pronto. You may also need to take your boat and all fishing gear that was on the boat with the nana's to the fish doctor (like a witch doctor only for fish disorders) for a curse extraction proceedure. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I saw a fish swim by me with a banana last time out.:eek: I just packed up and went home.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dave - you don't have any bananas on that boat do you???? :eek: If so, you need to get rid of the banana pronto. :rolleyes:
No, if there's one thing I've learned from you guys, it's No Nanners onboard!!! Maybe the previous owner hauled banannas on the boat and that's why he sold it. Can anyone tell me how and where to locate a fish doctor!?!:eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.