NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've never fished Jordan. I'm gonna have to drag the old tub up that way soon myself.. Cats n Crappie keep me happy!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
My family and I went camping at jordan lake last weekend, and we were fishing off the shore w/ night crawlers(just for fun with the kids) and we were catching a lot of yellow, and white perch lots of fun for the kids and me..... Coming from ohio and Lake Erie I love yellow perch. Great eating. I ran out of bait and was forced to stop. But we had a lot of fun. Never been out on the lake with a boat, but a great place for camping. Ed

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx Steve, I just might do that. I know exactly what your talking about. I've got some white cyulum sticks and was gonna use those.

You gonna be around this week? (in Sanford) We'll probably make like a fetus and "head out" Friday around dinner time.

Thanx man!

·
Registered
358 Posts
R4ED,

It is a green submersible fluorescent stick that lights up the world under the boat.

Dave,

I will be around until Friday around 3:00 PM, then I am heading to the beach. Y

You can field test the white and the green lights to put the argument to rest concerning which one works better!!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rog, will do. I'll try to get up with ya today (later) or tomorrow in the afternoon/eve.

Not a problem, would be happy to test... just remember.. my "fresh" abilities arent all there... so I'll leave the R & D up to Levi ;)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Great Tips Hot Spot. I think I'll give them a try when I get home.

I picked up a Green Flourescent light stick from AK McCallums that's made by Optronics. I was amazed at the amount of bait that gathers around. Also, it's fun to watch the Crappie and White Bass chase bait through the light . I really think that the green light attracts bait better but doesn't attract all the bugs.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey thanks Randy, and even better guys, I didnt realize Randy sold them!! ;) (I might need to visit the Estore more).

Ooh, I like the cap thing.. that will come in handy during hunting season! (comin up!!! Start Oct)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I have some of the old white, bubble/rattler lights. They work good for the $$ but I hear the green lights are "da Bomb!!"

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
What's bitin right now??

Boy and I will be overnightin up there, figure some nighttime catfishin.. maybe trollin..
Stripers! Bring your cast net so you can catch some shad for bait. The night time cats like the shad also.

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Registered
464 Posts
R4ED,

It is a green submersible fluorescent stick that lights up the world under the boat.

Dave,

I will be around until Friday around 3:00 PM, then I am heading to the beach. Y

You can field test the white and the green lights to put the argument to rest concerning which one works better!!

Like tom said i think the green ones work alot better and dont bring in the bugs asmuch.
last time we were out there were alot of people using white lights, and they werent catching much

·
Registered
245 Posts
How do you troll for stripers and what kind of depth/structure do you look for?

I might be camping at jordan sat night, tis the reason for the question.

I've got one of those cheap incandescint(sp?) lights and they haven't done much for me except little minnow fry.

I've always heard those lights attract snakes as well, is that true?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.