NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather looks to be good for a boat ride and maybe drown a minna or two.
My littlest guy hasnt been out on the boat yet and I need to stretch Size 9's legs, so we're headin up to the lake Friday in the morning

If anyone will be out an about,, shoot us a wave or holler at us on the radio

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh... you would do that to me wouldnt ya!

Man.. I gotta do the family thing Friday... kinda hard not too with the boat in the yard and since momma's like, "you goin hunting again this weekend??"

:)

Mike, let's plan a trip after thanksgiving, how 'bout that? Todd and Martin's been on me to do a trip out for tuna/grouper,, so think we'll have to set it up! ;)

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll do it then, I'll run it up the flag pole with them and I'll get back with you.
I've been itchin to try out them wind-on leaders anyhow... I ended up picking up 5 more custom strung ones from out of Texas via my bud Rick's recommendation.. so would like to see how they do.

Guess I'll get out and start goin over the gear! ;)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I was supposed to be going this friday. But we messed up and won the last game of the year and qualified as a #16 seed in the playoffs. Two weeks in a row that I can't go fishing on a planned day thanks to a game. Oh well. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup

That's what I was thinking Hotspot. We've always seem'd to have some good luck over by the Pittsboro ramp area.

I'll have both boys of mine with me so we're probably gonna do the bobber/minnow/worm thing

You doin the stripper thing?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think anybody wants to see me strip. LOL!!

Gonna be fun fishing with some friends from out of town. Striper in the morning and crappie in the afternoon.

Farrington is on fire. We caught 100+ in 4 hours this past Sunday, it was all 2 of us could do to keep 4 lines in the water. Work the channel on either side of the bridge and fish right on bottom. We kept 20 fish that were all over 12".

I will be monitoring channel 68 and will be at Poe's at 7:45AM on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dont know, they were catchin the heck out of crappie today.. but ya had to have minnows.. of course I left mine at the the house!!

Great day on the lake today.. good to be back out on the boat... but someone really needs to buy it before I end up changing my mind and keepin it! :)

How'd ya'all do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.