NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
I have the FS10 and like it a lot...good value for a kayak and I would think the 12s would be just as good.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Second hand info - On a Texas board I read a lot for info on fishing Beyond The Breakers (BTB), they have been panned as not being a good choice for that as they tend to not be sealed all that well top side. For most uses that would not matter much, but if you get caught out when the weather kicks up and have to paddle through a couple of miles of whitecaps they start getting a little low in the water (aka sinking :eek:). I don't think that is really what they are designed for anyway, but the Gulf is calm so much of the time that they use some less seaworthy fishing yaks for BTB than we typically do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have thefs12t....so far i havent had any problems...i have read its not to sea worthly, i know i wouldnt take the fs12t in the ocean...its a good intro into kayak fishing i think

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been using one for over a year now and really like it. You will need to seal the hatches. Other than being heavy it is more fishable than any kayak that cost twice as much. The large flat deck and plenty of storage make up for the weight. It is a stable kayak and will take some fairly rough inshore water but it is coming over the bow.

If your not far from Salisbury, i'll be glad to meet you somewhere and let you paddle mine and look at how it's set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts