NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being form NC, I was in a world of shock when the Air Force moved me out here to southern CA when it comes to bass fishing. No muddy water, no heavy line...it was different...Gin clear water, light line, tiny baits...then the whole swimbait thing. Well, after 2 years of being here, I have seen things I would never believe if I didn't come here...

Imagine throw a 8" bait and getting drilled...Imagine throwing a 12" bait in bass pattern in 100degree heat and catching two 9lbers in 30 minutes...Imagine throwing a 16" bait and catching a bass 20" long...then the next cast catching a 13lber...

If any of you NC guys make it out here and want to get on the water and I have some time on my schedule...I will show you some things that are hard to believe unless you see it with your own eyes...

Anyway, I going to try some smaller swimbaits when I come to NC in a few weeks...

If you do come to California, heres are some lakes that are worth trying:
Lake Casitas
California Delta
Clear Lake
Don Pedro

Good luck to all of you
D.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I know Castaways Tackle in Smithfield is selling some of those swimbaits now and they are catchng on. Seems like the nice west coast weather just creates huge fish!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, as for a list...that all depends...For me, if I was going to fish lakes with water slightly stained or muddy...
Huddleston ROF 12 - 8" - sinks
Shellcracker - 7" - floats
3:16 Wakebait in bass pattern - 10" - floats
Orso Swimbait Co the "Split-tail" - 8" or 12" - floater

There are some others but like the ones above...some people might think they are 2 big...

The key thing with throw the swimbaits above...leave all the other rods at the house...and throw them all day long...you have to commit...

You are only looking for one bite...but on the right days you may end up with 5 huge fish...

D.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for the big bass here in CA...almost of all the big ones are florida strain bass...the weather does help...but I think the mix of florida strain bass mixed with bi-weekly trout plants during the winter causes the fish to get fat...BUt compared to the east coast these fish have been trained on what a swimbait looks like...thats why I think the east coast has the potential to kick out some huge fish b/c no one is fishing big biats...bigger than 8"...

See you on the water
D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.