NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I've had some explosions change the air pressure in the house. You feel it before you hear it.
Youngins playing with tannerite. That stuff aint no joke.

The first one was 10 pounds of tannerite. I rode up and down the road trying to find what in the heck blew up for 15 minutes.
Can't mess with them country youngins. They got it going on.

·
Registered
966 Posts
There are also idiots building explosives and bombs in our midst.

Before selling my home in Franklin Cnty, my increasingly unhinged neighbor began to detonate explosives behind his house. I called the authorities as did others but he was never detained or arrested. Soon after moving, this man shot his wife in the face at point blank range, and after a day took his own life.

My wife once had a pupil that mentioned on FB that she was his favorite teacher. Unfortunately, this good ole boy had been trying to sell bombs to whomever. This was learned after she (my wife) was detained and interviewed by a very notable federal agency based in VA. This agency had also engaged in right much snooping on our computers and web surfing activities. Thankfully our lives were and still are a complete snore.

Get it? Stupid lawbreakers are a liability to civil society and are generally dangerous people. For God's sake report this stuff. It is your duty, not a choice!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
In 2005 the Supreme Court ruled that policemen are not constitutionally bound to protect citizens from harm.
There is no noise ordinances out here. I could host a death metal concert outside all night long legally.
Gunshots day or night are the norm just like low altitude high speed fighter jet passes are.
So normal you don't pay it any mind.

The law is at the bottom of the list of those to be called because they would be the last to show up. You would generally call the closest neighbor for backup.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts

Before selling my home in Franklin Cnty, my increasingly unhinged neighbor began to detonate explosives behind his house. I called the authorities as did others but he was never detained or arrested. Soon after moving, this man shot his wife in the face at point blank range, and after a day took his own life.

My wife once had a pupil that mentioned on FB that she was his favorite teacher. Unfortunately, this good ole boy had been trying to sell bombs to whomever. This was learned after she (my wife) was detained and interviewed by a very notable federal agency based in VA. This agency had also engaged in right much snooping on our computers and web surfing activities. Thankfully our lives were and still are a complete snore.

Get it? Stupid lawbreakers are a liability to civil society and are generally dangerous people. For God's sake report this stuff. It is your duty, not a choice!

I understand your concern, just glad you weren't my neighbor 35-40 yrs ago when I was a kid. I am much quieter now we would probably get along fine today.

Darrell

·
Registered
966 Posts
In 2005 the Supreme Court ruled that policemen are not constitutionally bound to protect citizens from harm.
There is no noise ordinances out here. I could host a death metal concert outside all night long legally.
Gunshots day or night are the norm just like low altitude high speed fighter jet passes are.
So normal you don't pay it any mind.

The law is at the bottom of the list of those to be called because they would be the last to show up. You would generally call the closest neighbor for backup.
Are you lost or on the wrong thread? The discussion is about explosions, not gun shots.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

That must have been one of those Ross boys from out in the "Herricanes" I lived in Franklin Co from 1981-2002 myself.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sounds like the boys at Area 51 are working out the bugs...

Reactions: dbeam and RouseD

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I understand your concern, just glad you weren't my neighbor 35-40 yrs ago when I was a kid. I am much quieter now we would probably get along fine today.

Darrell
In my not so distant wilder days we blew up an aerosol can just to see how loud it was. Heck of a fireball and my buddy screamed like a little girl. 30 minutes later the sheriff's deputy showed up and and knocked on the door and asked to talk to my father. We all huddled in my brothers room just waiting for a butt whooping and when the sheriff left we crept out and asked him how much trouble we were in. "None" he said, "The cop said he had to respond to a 911 call about a gunshot and a scream, and asked if I heard a gunshot. I said nope! and he said thank you and left." To say the least we were relieved. We learned our lesson too, never again did we blow stuff up with someone around who screams like a girl :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.