NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom has a truck that has been sitting on the side of the house for two years. (It still runs great). Not registered and the title was stolen in a break in of the house (they took a fireproof box that it was in). What form would we need to use for her to sign this over to me without getting a duplicate title? Or is there a form for this? Trying to get the truck on the road during my spring break next week. Since it's gonna be raining most of the week, might as well work on a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I would try to get a title from DMV. It would save problems down the road. DMV shouldn't hassle you over it. Get the vin # and have them run it to see if anyone fudged the title to use on another vehicle.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the infor guys.

·
Registered
403 Posts
No matter which way you go about it, make sure they know you are getting the truck from your mom. That way you won't have to pay sales tax on it. I'm not sure how old the truck is but that alone should cover the fee for a duplicate title.

·
Registered
275 Posts
With only a week to go, I would worry about getting some insurance and registration before I worried about the title. The vehicle is still titled to your mom even though it was stolen. You can drive it and worry about signing the title over at a later date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.