NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question for the NC owners...does anyone here launch out of Oak Island at the public ramp? I went to the wildlife site and it says that there is a public ramp off of Fish Factory Rd. (before the bridge) and would like to know the conditions of the ramp itself as well as the waterway to the ocean. I've launched out of the Wrightsville public ramp w/wellcraftdave many times, but that is pretty much the only launch that I know. Good access, but parking is tight if you don't get there before sun up. Is the Oak launch similar or better/worse? How is the parking? Is the channel deep/wide/well marked?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mattitude,
I launch out of Oak Island and every other ramp from Wrightsville to Holden Beach. The ramp you are talking about is good. It has three ramps and plenty of parking.Like any other ramp, it's crowded on holiday weekends. Capt. Jimmy Price's tackle shop is about 1/4 mile before the ramp.They also have a good small restaurant there that opens early. When you leave the ramp you are about two miles from the inlet at Southport(North/East) and about 10 miles from Lockwood Folly Inlet (South/West). If you live bait fish, you usually can find Pogies or finger mullet close to the ramp. There's plenty of good inshore fishing all along the waterway and also several productive artificial reefs within three miles of the beach. Good Luck!
John D.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John, much appreciated for the reply. I'm hoping to get out down that way in the (very) near future and it looks like OI is the place for me to launch out of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.