NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Raleigh and Kayak fishing so wondered if anyone in the area is up for some fishing? I don't mind driving a little ways.

Thanks in advance!

- Matt

·
Registered
103 Posts
I live south of Raleigh, and just got my first Kayak. I'm itching to take it out. I had been thinking about heading to the Roberson Creek access as well as the Weaver Creek part of Jordan Lake... of course, I'm open to suggestions... LOL

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I live south of Raleigh, and just got my first Kayak. I'm itching to take it out. I had been thinking about heading to the Roberson Creek access as well as the Weaver Creek part of Jordan Lake... of course, I'm open to suggestions... LOL
I just kayaked Robeson Creek last Saturday. Nice spot, I recommend it. Put in at the canoe ramp and it is only a very short distance upstream to the first rapid. Head back down toward the lake and double back in another channel on your left as the river splits and goes around a couple of big islands in that last rapid. It becomes a lake pretty quickly if you head down river. Fishing was kinda slow for us; I managed a slab near a rocky steep bank but that was it. But it was a very nice paddle and looks promising (will definitely try to catch some Spring runs there).

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
New to Raleigh and Kayak fishing so wondered if anyone in the area is up for some fishing? I don't mind driving a little ways.

Thanks in advance!

- Matt
Keep an eye out for people posting about trips or just post one yourself giving the day and area you are thinking about. I yak and fish pretty often, but probably won't get out again for a couple of weeks. Welcome!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'd be game for a kayaking buddy. I upgraded to a SOT fishing kayak last summer and love it! I don't fish much in the winter, but by mid march I'll be out all the time through the summer. Really want to do a lot of river trips this year. I just need someone to go with, mostly for transportation. I live in raleigh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.