NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking to move both my engine battery and trolling battery to the middle of my Jon boat.

I'm thinking 4 aug wire for the boat battery ..continuous ....run through some kind of protective tube to boxes made to house the batteries. Not sure what aug to use for trolling motor.

Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have found it cheaper to buy jumper cables and cut off the clamps then to buy the cable alone, but you get basic automotive grade wire. 6ga will do what you need. Up to 4ga if you want for the starter but I think 6 would do. I assume we are talking a small outboard (under30hp) and 12v trolling motor? If budget allows use tinned wire and solder ALL connectors to the wire and seal with heat shrink or paint over it good with liquid tape then wrap with tape. You can run it all through pvc pipe for more protection.
Yep, talking a 30 hp 4 stroke tohatsu.....and a Minn Kota trolling motor. Separate battery for each. ....each its own cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.