NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are taking a break on Saturday from Randleman due to a large tournament going on there and an thinking about hitting my old home lake Cammack. I have not fished Cammack in many years. Do any of you guys fish it often? If so how is the fishing there and what has been working lately? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
One of the CNCBA guys considers CamMack his home lake; I spoke with him about it last year but I can't for the life of me remember who it was. Might PM Doc and/or Charles and see if they know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bradybunch,

I live on Lake Cammack and consider it my home lake. I fish there about 3 to 4 times a week. The bass fishing is excellent, with good numbers taken on shad colored crankbaits or carolina rigged lizaeds in black or Junebug colors. Lately been catching them on rocky points or blowdowns. Lots of small fish or a monster. Dosent seem to be many inbetween sized fish. Catfishing is excellent with fish lately 10 to 15 lbs. on shrimp or bream/crappie cutbait. Hope this helps.

GOOD lUCK, AND GOD BLESS
cfstrong3

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This will be a big help.I was hoping you would reply. I saw in your introduction post that you lived on Cammack. It doesn't sound like things have changed much since I fished there years ago. Do you have a preference for which creek arm is better? If I remember correctly the right hand arm is a bit shallower than the left arm.

Thanks again and if you happen to be out Saturday stop and say hello. We are in a silver Skeeter with a navy blue and white stripe.

Brady

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Lake Cammack was my Home lake before it ever got the name lake cammack....nice bass, crappie, jack, and white bass.....the white bass in Jordan are descendants of lake cammack as the COE and state never socked whites in Jordan...there were already in the haw populated from cammack fish.. haven't fished it in a few years as 90 percent of my fishing is streams.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
catch and release taken too far....oh, go to bed old man...12:13 is past yo bedtime

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your help. It's amazing how hard a lot of us work to return fish to the water and take care of them only to find out it has actually hurt the fishery.

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
I have wondered the same thing, Brady. I've even toyed with learning to like to eat the smaller ones, but a lifetime of strict catch and release is hard to overcome. :D

·
Red X Angler
3,758 Posts
haha nice one Gene :D

Reactions: Fish_Fiend
1 - 12 of 12 Posts