NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing some reading about spraying boat trailer bunks with a product called Liquid Rollers.

It is suppose to make a boat slide off the trailer much easier.

Any experience here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
It is suppose to make a boat slide off the trailer much easier.
I have heard that to be the case. Make sure not to unhook your winch strap until you get where your boat will fall into water, otherwise you might be picking it up off the concrete.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've seen it work so well they dropped the boat on the ramp. And I've seen it more than once!! definitely keep it strapped!

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I used silicone on my skiff trailer. Like has been said, don't unhook until you're over enough water to float the boat. It works.
On a steep ramp have had to leave the boat in gear to keep it on the trailer while loading (yes, I know, unsafe practice).
Looking at the product specs, it's silicone based - BPS price $15. A can of Silicone Lube from Autozone is about $10 or $12.
Just sayin.............

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Amazon has 10 oz can for $7.50 i think.
But you're saying you get the same results with a generic silicone spray?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Thanks. Amazon has 10 oz can for $7.50 i think.
But you're saying you get the same results with a generic silicone spray?
I'm saying I got as good of results as I needed with the generic stuff. Can't imagine needing it to be any slicker. Never tried the Liquid Rollers. The only way it could be better would be longer lasting. The generic stuff lasted a year before having to reapply.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Not all trailers are created equal. My skiff was set too high on the trailer and the brackets wouldn't adjust low enough to float it off a shallow ramp without sinking the truck. After the silicone I could back down, hit the breaks and the boat would jump off the trailer.
Last year I replaced my rotten old treated bunks under the SeaArk with "the ultimate bunk boards" - composite 2x4s - I can push the boat off with very little effort, on the shallowest of ramps. As long as the transom is over ~ 6" of water I can launch ..... off the side of the road if need be(been there done that - no problem).

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not all trailers are created equal. My skiff was set too high on the trailer and the brackets wouldn't adjust low enough to float it off a shallow ramp without sinking the truck. After the silicone I could back down, hit the breaks and the boat would jump off the trailer.
Last year I replaced my rotten old treated bunks under the SeaArk with "the ultimate bunk boards" - composite 2x4s - I can push the boat off with very little effort, on the shallowest of ramps. As long as the transom is over ~ 6" of water I can launch ..... off the side of the road if need be(been there done that - no problem).
Used to watch him "shoot" that skiff off...a bit scary to watch...I agree with brenardo, those composite bunks are sweet...all it takes is a little effort to get the boat moving, and off it comes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.