NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not going to be able to get out either. Got a few obligations in G-vegas remaining, but after this weekend the schedule is pretty much open for a couple months. If I could go, I'd give North Creek some serious consideration. Had my best trip in years down there exactly 2 years ago in mid-April. Three of us limited out on big trout and left them biting. Where's my popcorn?

·
Registered
104 Posts
We tried to put over at the Belhaven ramp last Friday but due to the wind we decided to go back and fish the Pungo Creek area. We had a couple of short strikes up the creek past the bridge and only caught 1 flounder. My 12 year old son had a bad wind not with braided line and just let the Zman lure lay on the bottom while he worked on the knot. After about 3 minutes he started to real up the slack line and then just started laughing. I looked back to see what was going on and he had a nice flounder at the side of the boat. Go figure.....I work constantly on my presentation......hopping, slow rolling, twitching, etc and he just leaves it laying there for a couple minutes and catches fish.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Shared from an unnamed :) source. "It's slow but they are around. As we get rid of the rain run off and temps continue to climb it will get better quickly."

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I'm guessing that the rain kept most folks off the water over the weekend. Somebody please surprise me with a good report from the pungo, even if you have to lie about it. At this point I'm wondering if the trout are beginning to move out on the bigger water, given all the freshwater input over the past week. The spring chores are finally done and I'll be down next weekend to give it a legitimate shot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all or the input. I haven't fished it in a while but remember years ago going and catching a mixed bag from catfish to black drum. I just cannot remember what time of year it was. I also hear they now have some great downtown restaurants that would be a after fishing treat. Thanks again and I'll stay tuned.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fished North Creek on Saturday, I had one hit, partner lost one. Other than that nothing. With the wind the last couple of days, along with the rain Sunday night, Pungo Creek has been as muddy as I have seen it lately.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wind has not been favorable for the kayak and I'm trying to keep the big boat nice and shiny to sell. Seems everything around here looks muddy also. I've been staying close to the house doing honey do's. When the weather calms down I'll be packing my bags!

·
Registered
256 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.