NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im taking me and my dad down to a pier for fathers day but we are goin this week so i can spend time at home on fathersday with the kids and wife just wondering if the piers are doing any good and what should i bring besides shrimp and rigs I would love to get on my first spanish we will be going from 6pm till 8am

·
Registered
18 Posts
any pier on the coast is a good choice now, bring diamond jigs with gold hook rigs and gotcha plugs for the spanish and try for them as the sun is setting and again right at sunrise

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
OK thanks guys any certain body color I need to use?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Each pier seems to have their own favorite colors. Hah. I personally don't think it matters all that much. In clear water I like a pink for Spanish.. I fish a lot of stained water where I'm at so we use mostly white bodies or the chrome ones.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just buy lot's of white on white and a bunch of Electric Chicken. ...and u will have what you need to put the Hurt on the Spanish.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well we went had a good time caught 50 billion sharks and about the same in small croakers a few spot and whiting had a really cool guy give me a silver and gold diamond jig with gold hooks tied to the leader i tryed till 9am with nothing the wind was crazy bad when we left topsail then we stopped by south port for a few hooked up with a sheepie and lost it at the top of the water:( then the oyster toads moved in thick and that's all you could catch so we left thanks for all the help

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.