NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im taking me and my dad down to a pier for fathers day but we are goin this week so i can spend time at home on fathersday with the kids and wife just wondering if the piers are doing any good and what should i bring besides shrimp and rigs I would love to get on my first spanish we will be going from 6pm till 8am

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Did I understand that correctly you'll be fishing all night? 6pm to 8 am?

·
Registered
18 Posts
any pier on the coast is a good choice now, bring diamond jigs with gold hook rigs and gotcha plugs for the spanish and try for them as the sun is setting and again right at sunrise

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Yes that's what he's wanting lol

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Ok. Hah well you'll most likely be better off Spanish fishing at dawn and dusk. Once it gets night time you can fish for flounder on the pylons

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
OK thanks guys any certain body color I need to use?

Each pier seems to have their own favorite colors. Hah. I personally don't think it matters all that much. In clear water I like a pink for Spanish.. I fish a lot of stained water where I'm at so we use mostly white bodies or the chrome ones.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just buy lot's of white on white and a bunch of Electric Chicken. ...and u will have what you need to put the Hurt on the Spanish.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Any time.....

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we went had a good time caught 50 billion sharks and about the same in small croakers a few spot and whiting had a really cool guy give me a silver and gold diamond jig with gold hooks tied to the leader i tryed till 9am with nothing the wind was crazy bad when we left topsail then we stopped by south port for a few hooked up with a sheepie and lost it at the top of the water:( then the oyster toads moved in thick and that's all you could catch so we left thanks for all the help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts