NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a student at ECU who loves to fish! used to live in Oklahoma and fishing there was Awesome! moved to north carolina and it just isn't the same. I've been in NC since 2000 and still havent found any promising lakes/rivers. I've been to River Park North twice this weekend. First time me and my friend didnt get a SINGLE bite:mad:, but the fish were jumpin all around. 2nd time i went alone with some nightcrawlers and caught a small bass and 2 crappie. i was out there for 8 hrs and that was all i caught. they say RPN is stocked with channel cats but i have no idea how to find them. if anyone has any promising spots or tips for catchin any fish around greenville please let me know:confused:. i will greatly appreciate it!:)

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Welcome to the fishing hole and NC, keep fishing in the Tar river and go down to Washington for some striper action................Tc

·
Registered
157 Posts
This year I haven't seen anybody catching channel cats, yet. Chicken liver used to be the ticket for them. I don't think they have stocked the cats for this year and people used to catch more than they can eat last year. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnx man. i kno chicken liver is good. used it all the time in SC, ill bring that next i decide to go. i mean i talked to the guy at RPN and he said they stocked it last week with bout 800 cats. hard to believe since i didnt get a single hit. but ill give the liver a chance next weekend

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
You might be able to fish off the boat ramp at port terminal road on the tar river.

·
Registered
23 Posts
a lot of people fish off the bridge in washington on 17. they park on the south side in an old parking lot. probaly can still catch a few stripers right now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You could also fish Washington Park....they have a pier that you can fish on. You can catch a little of everything out their from mullet, croaker, rock, and flounder. Sometimes a few largemouth around that area as well.

Depending on how you come into to Washington you take a left or a right at Mitchell's Tractor supply off of Hwy 17 and go down that road maybe a mile or two....and you will see Washington Park on your right. There are also little ponds and backwaters of the river that hold some brim and bass in that area as well.

GDL and let me know if you head that way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thnx guys. my friend and i are planning to fish somewhere this sat. jus need to decide on where to go. wat fish am i lookin to catch if i head up towards Washington park?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Right now there are a few stripers around possibley a trout or flounder.

I would recommend fishing a bottom rig w/ shrimp...let that line sit while casting soft plastics like a saltwater assassin or gulp shrimp.

GDL and let us know how you do!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im bound to hit up some place this weekend. ill let u guys kno how it goes. might end up tryin river park north again even though it seems dead.
Anyone know if there are any bait shops hidden around or in greenville that sells minnows and things like that?

·
Registered
164 Posts
River Park North-not a bad idea.....It is buzzbait time!!! rip them early and late...you are bound catch a fish!

IF you are looking for bait Van's Hardware is close to downtown/ECU.

Take tenth st. to were it meets Greenville Blvd. cross over greenville....if you keep following down 10th St. It turns into East 33.....You will past Sheetz and Food Lion....the next few shops down on your left is Van's.
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]4779 Nc Highway 33 E[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Greenville, NC 27858[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]GDL![/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Also if you have not been to Greenville Marine you should go....nice bait shop, but they do not sell any live bait.

It is right before you get North Campus crossing on your right, if you turn left off of tenth and head across the river.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ay phishinout thanks man! I hit up Van's Bait and got some juicy nightcrawlers. the store manager told me and my friend where to go. the back two lakes at RPN. and i can say the day was a success for me considering i havent caught any good size fish down here. but i caught two great sized catfish. the 2nd caught my by surprise lol (funny story) and i missed the 3rd hit on a biiiig one. this one i saw because it was bout 8-10 ft from the shore. next semester will be a much better experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts