NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone wanna give a newbie any good advice before heading out? i will be coming from the landing at the bridge to Oak Island. any one know where i can get maps of the waterways in the area or details about sand bars i need to look out for? my main concern is after making the way out into the ocean, how far do i travel from the "cut" before i can safely turn my boat towards the reef AR 425?

thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
k5ranger

Hook up with the local Marina and ask some of the locals. I think you will find them more than willing to help you out.
Stick with the day markers for navigation.
If you haven't been out the inlet before then be sure that you follow some one out and mark the route on your GPS. That route will be good for this week but! the water will CHANGE FROM DAY TO DAY AND WEEK TO WEEK. Until you learn to read the water I would suggest you follow an experianced Cpt out each time you come down. The inlets in this area are some of the most DANGEREST on the East Coast. They are ever changing and seldum forgiving.
If this scares you, IT SHOULD! The first time you forget where you are at, It will bite you and we don't need to loose good people. and all fisherman are good people.
Best of luck and good fishing.
Dudd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there a set season for fishing the reef or does it hold fish all year? I have a 20ft CC jon boat and want to fish the closer reefs and ledges sometime but don't know when the peak time to go is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.