NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Masonboro inlet this morning. Headed out to AR 370 and did some trolling for about 1 1/2 hours. Tried clarkspoons, crystal minnows DD and bottom with cut bait. Water was close to 64 degrees. Seas were a little snotty, which is why we came inshore early. No luck although I did hear over the radio that some Bonito were caught there about 2 hours earlier between 7am and 8am. We then tried some bottom fishing around the jetties. We caught 3 sea bass and 4 sharks. The sea bass were small, not keepers. If only the sharks were mackerel, I'd have a boat load of fish.:rolleyes: All in all we had an enjoyable day with some experienced gained.:)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Not a problem. It's always good to have at least a bird rig or two on board.

hey another thing I was thinkin of too, was not only bird rigs (4-5 inch bird Pink or white body- clear squid bodies and a silver clark spoon), but what will work good too especially if trolling is Zuker pink/white feathers or black/purple feathers... definately worth a shot on one of each (and wont break the bank too bad on ya) $8 ea. for the Zuker feathers, and bird rig (at least here at AK McCallums) is about $19.

First thing that pops into the mind is, we fish those baits on the troll... waaaay back. Send them out a good distance (either bird or feather).

Catch'm up!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.