NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
It is AWESOME stuff. The body fur is better than marabou- moves better, more translucent, durable. The tail hair has much more movement than buck tail and doesn't flair as bad. Bob uses it on Clousers for smallmouth.

Funny you should mention it- I just tied up a bunch of roadrunner jigs last night with fox tail.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be tying up a couple of Clousers, and Deceivers, using arctic fox. I only have about 3 or 4 colors in it. I've ties other flies with it, and loved the looks and the swim movement. It is very bulky material. Doesn't take much to tie a fly.
I can see where the arctic fox would work better than the buck tail with smaller flies especially. Better quality buck tail would probably work well also.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I would bet that you can get the stuff at a craft store. I had to do a google search to see what you were talking about. I have been using Hareline Dubbin's - Senyo's Standard Intruder Trailer Hook Wire for my connections. Very forgiving and easy to control to get it to look in the correct position. The beadalon sounds like it would be similar. Maybe cheaper?

http://www.artbeads.com/b19-30f-018.html

30 ft for $7.50

http://www.caddisflyshop.com/senyos-intruder-trailer-hook-wire.html

12 ft for $7.00

Twice the deal. I guess I need to look into the Beadalon when I get low with the Senyo's stuff.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wings, just looked through some of my materials, and found 2 rolls of Surflon nylon coated stainless steel leader that I got during Neuse Sport Shops after Christmas sale. One is 16 lb and the other is 20 lb. Forgotten I had bought them last year to tie possibly up some articulated flies, that I didn't get into then. Do you think these would work ok?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.