NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know bass go shallow in the fall, along with most other fish that feed on shad. Do catfish go shallow too? Looking to hook a few at Shearon Harris.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I never could get a good pattern going for catfish at Harris. I caught a few nice ones crappie fishing though so I know there are in there.

General rule of thumb for cats is find the bait find the fish. I'd look for what depth the shad are holding and work points, ledges etc where the bottom depth and depth of the bait meet.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have found cats shallow at Harris year around. I have mostly caught middlin' (most ~2#, some larger) channel cats but lots of them. This year I really haven't targeted them but from what I hear there has been no change...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would find a flat in the back of a creek 5-10 foot and if you find a tinny channel on the flat I would fan cast slip bobbers with live shad around the flat you will catch a lot of bass and crappie to good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.