NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had good/bad experiences buying from armslist.com? I realize there are a million different individual sellers but frequently I see deals that seem to good to be true, then again I couldn't fill a thimble with what I know about buying used firearms. Any way, just checking to see if it is a valid way of doing business or if I should just steer clear all together. Thanks in advance for any experiences one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i buy and sell on there on a regular basis. meet in a public spot, talk on the phone before meeting. if buying a pistol or selling one make sure to have CCW or PPP. IMO armslist is usually way over priced. check the sellers id and get a bill of sale.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Unless its from someone you know, who is willing to refund your money in the event of a weapon that does not properly function, and can provide proof of its origin, NEVER buy a used weapon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Never buy a used weapon? really lol... I think 80% of the firearms I've ever purchased were used. Never once had a problem with functionality. A good once over of a gun and you'll be able to tell if it's going to go boom or not. Your missing up on some awesome deals if you follow that advice.
I agree. I strip them down and check them over before buying and will shoot them if I can. If not, a simple function check will tell me if it'll go boom or not.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I think yall are misunderstanding what he is saying. He didn't say never buy a used weapon.

For pistols, trade information and the seller gets a purchase permit from the buyer which he should keep until the day he dies. Or atleast, I would.
As far as function. Firearms for the most part are simple mechanical devices. Firing pin hits cap, gun goes boom.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Never buy a used weapon? really lol... I think 80% of the firearms I've ever purchased were used. Never once had a problem with functionality. A good once over of a gun and you'll be able to tell if it's going to go boom or not. Your missing out on some awesome deals if you follow that advice.
Okay, a revolver you can maybe judge with a bore scope and a good once over. But they don't have 'Carfax' for guns, especially from someone you don't know. The weapon could have been used in a crime at some point. A semi auto is a tight tolerance weapon with many potential issues that a 'once over' won't reveal. All I'm saying is buyer beware. Awesome deals can be found on new guns with warranties and no history concerns.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.