·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Gulp has them....

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Zman makes some. Never tried 'em so I don't have a clue if they work, but I'll bet a nickel that the pinfish can't peck off their legs.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zman makes some. Never tried 'em so I don't have a clue if they work, but I'll bet a nickel that the pinfish can't peck off their legs.
I bought a couple packs of zman, they all melted in the in-console tackle shelfs.... Other than that i thought they looked good in the water.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I bought a couple packs of zman, they all melted in the in-console tackle shelfs.... Other than that i thought they looked good in the water.
OUCH! You right, they don't play well with other plastics. The pogies and paddletails produce though.

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Those Z-Man Elaztech baits all melt too easily, I've been using Redfish Magic spinnerbaits in freshwater (the chain pikerel love them) but if its a hot day and I leave them in the car, its a gooey, nasty mess. They all look good in the water .......until they melt and that goop gets all over your other baits.

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Being the somewhat novice in the salt what fish are going after the crabs anyway?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Z-man stays in the cooler, and comes in the house when ya get home. Gulp makes a crab. Trigger X but not sure about the hook, Strike King Rage Tail Crab,

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Wow, I've never had my Zman go soft on me except when I tried to superglue one of the shrimp to a jighead!

Being the somewhat novice in the salt what fish are going after the crabs anyway?
Reds are specially designed crab eating machines, they come with their own built in shell busters in the back of their mouths.
Last trip with Bruce we had a flounder spit a live silver dollar sized crab as soon as it hit the deck. I know black sea bass and togs will eat fiddlers, and of course sheepshead, though I doubt the latter 3 would be likely to take a plastic crab. Never seen nor heard of a speck taking a crab though I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Reactions: RaymondWells

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Has anyone used the Storm 3" pre-rigged crabs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts