NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used one of the ascend kayaks from bass pro? If so what are your thoughts? Speed? Stability? I'm looking for a 2nd kayak. Something low cost and ten feet or shorter for storage purposes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the ascend fs10, I fish in the outer banks NC, in the sounds...havent taken it in the ocean as of yet. God overall kayak, I carry a good amount of gear on it and it has done fine, the rear in sits alittle low if the chop is big but other than that I have no issues with it.

It has good stability but you can't stand up in it, I've tried and failed. Great seat though and like I said storage hasnt been an issue with me. I'll carry my tackle box in the back, two rods, cooler I tuck underneath the front along with dry bag with fishfinder battery in it. Catch bag on the front, Fishfinder covers one of the drink holders and a transducer mount that runs off the side.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you're still looking for an ascend, there was a really nice looking one on the raleigh/durham craigslist about two days ago for $475. Already kinda rigged up too. It had been up for a week or so, it maybe still there

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have the Ascend Fs128t and I love it it has a great clear deck and the stability is also great. It is heavy though but not hard to paddle. Here is a slideshow I did on mine, now you have to realize this is with everything that I could put on it most times I don't take that much stuff. But it does show the possibilities.
[video=youtube_share;9EltorQ-GPg]http://youtu.be/9EltorQ-GPg[/video]

Also the swivel seat is great I can reach everything behind me easily.:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the 2014 model FS12T SOT. I really enjoy it, I believe for the cost its a great boat. Lots of storage and the seat is the best. Paddles great and very stable, I can stand up on flat water with no issues.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the 2014 model FS12T SOT. I really enjoy it, I believe for the cost its a great boat. Lots of storage and the seat is the best. Paddles great and very stable, I can stand up on flat water with no issues.
Typed the words right outta my mouth. Has great stabilty, could use a little more speed. Haven't tried standing up in it yet. I'm really pleased with mine. Same model and year

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Like I said the stability is great, that being said when I stand up stability is not a problem, my balance is an issue. But that will get better with time in the boat. The Fs128t could also use a little more speed when being paddled but it will make it easier for my wife to keep up in her short little pink 11 ft OC Venus Kayak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ascend kayak

My 10' sit on top is very stable ,with lots of room. The bad part is that it is like paddling a tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts