NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Mike for North Jersey here. Coming down to Atlantic beach the end of July with the fam and I want to get out surf fishing. Im a striper guy up here and throw plugs on a 9' odm nex rod. Whats the real target with lures in Atlantic beach. Im not trying to get onto a boat and just want to walk the sand and throw (i am assuming) tins,

Any help is appreciated greatly.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Hey you from Jersey, I'm formally from Brooklyn & SI.
"you got a problem with that?" ( sorry, old habit )
Reds, Black Drum, Flounder, Blues, Sharks, Big Rays & if you're really lucky TARPON!
Can all be caught in the surf in July......

9 ' rod is perfect for throwing Kastmasters, Hopkins (aka Tins), 1/2oz. + Hogy swimbaits, 1.5 oz. Chugger topwaters & bucktails tipped with 4" Gulp Shrimp.
What do you throw for Stripers from Island Beach State Park?

Word of advice; nobody cares how you do it in NJ, so 'fugetaboutit' be cool & check out the local tackle shops for advice & purchases.
Hope this helps...... ICM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey you from Jersey, I'm formally from Brooklyn & SI.
"you got a problem with that?" ( sorry, old habit )
Reds, Black Drum, Flounder, Blues, Sharks, Big Rays & if you're really lucky TARPON!
Can all be caught in the surf in July......

9 ' rod is perfect for throwing Kastmasters, Hopkins (aka Tins), 1/2oz. + Hogy swimbaits, 1.5 oz. Chugger topwaters & bucktails tipped with 4" Gulp Shrimp.
What do you throw for Stripers from Island Beach State Park?

Word of advice; nobody cares how you do it in NJ, so 'fugetaboutit' be cool & check out the local tackle shops for advice & purchases.
Hope this helps...... ICM

Thanks a ton man, I throw tins for bass from August on, I guess ill bring my fall bag to the south.

Thanks a ton for the insight!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts