NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going by Dick's usually on my lunch hour, approximately 2-3 times a week for the past 2-3 months admiring those Okuma Sentara rod and reels and I have wanted at least one of those combos really bad! They are some sweet looking and feeling outfits! I have been able to restrain myself waiting on the price to be marked down. Well I went into Dick's in Durham again today and I looked at them but I was good and I only purchased a pair of rubber soled boat shoes that were on clearance for $5.97. I usually go through a couple pairs a year. Before the cashier handed me my receipt she stapled something to it. I looked and low and behold it was a certificate for $10 off my next purchase and the wheels started turning! Keep in mind that the Okuma outfits have been mark down $20 already. I got over it and headed back to the office and didn't give it much thought. I just stuck the coupon in my pocket. Finsihed up work and started heading towards home in Apex.

I was driving down the road and BAAAMMMM!!!!!!!! Kaboom!!!! BAM! BAM! BAM!:eek: Just and awful noise and before I knew what had happened there was this huge mean looking monkey sitting in the Jeep with me just staring at me!

I don't know what he did as I must have fallen into some kind of trance or something and before I realized it I was pulling up to the Dick's Sporting Goods at Beaver Commons.

WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!!?:confused: But all I could here was this voice saying "don't fight him, he is bigger than you!"

I got out of the Jeep and was standing in front of the door holding a $10 off coupon. Again, I heard the voice. "You have been given a sign, do it!"

The next thing I know I come too in a daze sitting in my driveway holding this sweet new Okuma Sentara.:)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! and you brought it in the house risking the wife to see it too..! Man you got "brass" ones! ;)

Yup,, dont argue with an angry monkey..... :)
Are you kidding me?!!! I took that baby straight out to my building and let it stay until she got settled in to watch tv and then I went out and got to take the photos...........LOL!!!

Reactions: Dave B.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've been looking at some of those Okumas so I know where the monkey is headed next!;) I just have to find the right price in my neck of the woods. Not many places around here to choose from.
Let us know how it performs!!!

Reactions: LiveBait

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ha ha ha ha.. that's funny.

Tell ya what, I've got the Okuma AV's, Stratus's, TG's and Silvers and a old Ti90
They're my main reels and I'm happy with them and they've caught alot of fish for my crews and I.

havent tried any of the rods... I prefer Sea Striker, Star, Penn and Chaos...

Dont think you can go wrong with that combo! ;)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to try to go down to Topsail one day next week and try it out in the surf Sundrop. I have no doubt that it will perform beautifully. If I catch any fish with it might be another story........LOL! It is a sweet feeling outfit. The Sentara rod is an 8' 15-30 class surf rod.

Like Dave I am partial to the Sea Striker rods. I have three Sea Striker surf rods that are outfited with Silstar CT Series reels.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are you kidding me?!!! I took that baby straight out to my building and let it stay until she got settled in to watch tv and then I went out and got to take the photos...........LOL!!!

I think that we all do that, the bad one is when I make a trip down to Bass Pro and have too many things to hide and she finds something once a day. That's fun...

Too funny

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Like I always say...."I didn't earn that money just to spend on something I'm going to end up flushing down the toilet." A man has got to eat and a man has got to fish. There is something to be said for growing your own fruit and vegetables and harvesting the rest from mother nature. Unfortunately even that takes a certain amount of money.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Just raid her closet and look for fresh shoe boxes. new boxes= new tackle :)

The tackle monkey is married to the shoe monkey, and they are cousins with the Furniture Gorilla and the Car Baboon

Reactions: LiveBait and R4ED

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just raid her closet and look for fresh shoe boxes. new boxes= new tackle :)

The tackle monkey is married to the shoe monkey, and they are cousins with the Furniture Gorilla and the Car Baboon
There you go again Sundrop..........try'n to get us all in trouble as if you really throw that shoe box thing up in Mrs. Sundrop's face........LOL! Yeah right!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
There you go again Sundrop..........try'n to get us all in trouble as if you really throw that shoe box thing up in Mrs. Sundrop's face........LOL! Yeah right!
nah, Mrs. Sundrop is pretty cool about it as long as I am paying what I should pay she doesn't say much. heck she just spent the last 2 days helping me put new carpet in a boat I'll be selling soon to support the monkey...LOL !!
My 1st wife was the shoe,purse,furniture,nails,hair, hound.....If I had a dollar .99 of it was hers..... She had to GO! Thank goodness she had no kids of mine so I kept all my stuff ( what I had left...:mad:) and sent her packing!:eek::D

·
Registered
715 Posts
nah, Mrs. Sundrop is pretty cool about it as long as I am paying what I should pay she doesn't say much. heck she just spent the last 2 days helping me put new carpet in a boat I'll be selling soon to support the monkey...LOL !!
My 1st wife was the shoe,purse,furniture,nails,hair, hound.....If I had a dollar .99 of it was hers..... She had to GO! Thank goodness she had no kids of mine so I kept all my stuff ( what I had left...:mad:) and sent her packing!:eek::D

Hey Sundrop, I just thought it was quiet a coincidence and wanted to let you know that my brother married you 1st wife. I didn't know it until I read your post. She's still buying those purses, nails, furniture, shoes every day. She's also getting .99 of every dollar he has.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
LMBO !!!! Tadpole !!!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Zook, what about redheaded women?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Zook, what about redheaded women?

What is this supposed to imply?:)

I'm engaged to a redhead, though I have never felt the wrath I know that she has a temper. As long as I get her something dog related, she's a big dog person, she is happy as can be - no matter how big that monkey is - well I always say it's a smaller monkey than it really is.

reckon that is why I'm going to lock the ball and chain next year.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
you poor thing.. i to am attached to a redhead.. but thing is she don't fish..but understands my "monkey" addiction.. but can't understand why i get up at 3 am to bass fish...

zooker

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.