NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, a hearty welcome to our newest members!
Catch-n-22
windknotnc
Swampin'
basswrangler
Compshu

As some of you have noted there has been a delay in sending out certificates for new members. Our apologies.

We've been utilizing Google apps for generating the certificates and it appears that Google has made some changes to their Docs API which has thrown a wrench in the scripts.

Normally our tech support person would be working round the clock to patch or completely redesign the process and get things rolling once again, but he's otherwise engaged at present and may not be able to focus on this issue until possibly mid June. (In other words, I'll be living out of a camper at the coast for the next month with a small notebook PC and a slow network connection and will be "working" from the wee hours of the morning to late evenings gathering data on several inshore and nearshore fish species:D)

Seriously guys, please accept my personal apologies for the delay. I'll dive back into this as soon as I get back to the real world and make sure the certificates get out to new members. Hopefully we can come up with something more bulletproof and maybe a little more fun too.

In the mean time anyone interested in joining the group should continue to use the current signup process. You will be added to the published list on our website, and will receive your certificate as soon as I can get this problem ironed out.

Thanks for your patients!
Dave

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excited to be a part of y'alls great group! And I'm really excited that I somehow slipped through the cracks and passed the back ground check. :D
nobody said you have to PASS the background checks, if that were the case our founding fathers may never have founded:p

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Some interesting things were discovered during that background checks -

Island Man - Does just horrible things to squirrels with a fly rod
BigE - Charged with attempted poisoning of another founding member. "Honest! I thought gulp crab stray was edible"
DBeam - Plans to be in the next Iron Man movie, fighting Tony Stark in a PVC and duct tape suit powered by a trolling motor battery. Darryl wins.
TarHeelFlyFlinger - Was caught using a spinning rod.
PapaDave - NSA is checking him out regarding possible black market gulp sales to the former USSR
ReymondWells - Persistent rumor has it that he was skunked once fishing trip. Nobody believes it.
H2Ohh - Under investigation for apparently killing off bookie Vegas Vinnie AND for impersonating a doctor.

As for me, well, I totally deny the rumors that I made a submarine of my first kayak, that I am used to provide shade to the group at M&G's, and that I voted for Obama. Twice. All untrue, I tell you.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Some interesting things were discovered during that background checks -

Island Man - Does just horrible things to squirrels with a fly rod
BigE - Charged with attempted poisoning of another founding member. "Honest! I thought gulp crab stray was edible"
DBeam - Plans to be in the next Iron Man movie, fighting Tony Stark in a PVC and duct tape suit powered by a trolling motor battery. Darryl wins.
TarHeelFlyFlinger - Was caught using a spinning rod.
PapaDave - NSA is checking him out regarding possible black market gulp sales to the former USSR
ReymondWells - Persistent rumor has it that he was skunked once fishing trip. Nobody believes it.
H2Ohh - Under investigation for apparently killing off bookie Vegas Vinnie AND for impersonating a doctor.

As for me, well, I totally deny the rumors that I made a submarine of my first kayak, that I am used to provide shade to the group at M&G's, and that I voted for Obama. Twice. All untrue, I tell you.
Sounds like a dangerous bunch! If we are to believe the rumors that is..

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
releases an evil laugh from the shadows...........

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apparently I'm still under the radar....*ninja vanish*
You sir, are under full surveillance! Just because you don't see them don't mean they aren't there..........

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
oh please Dbeam has already vetted you thoroughly. You're in by default. That way we can keep an eye on you!

I guess theres something to be said for being newish very few people know my secrets

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.