NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what are the best techniques to fish the ICW and backwaters in emerald isle for late august.
any suggestions and location would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
EI inshore is very tough and challenging, even if you do know how to effectively navigate the waters. I suggest that you put in at the EI boat ramp, follow the markers out to the ICW and head west towards the EI bridge, and start fishing the backwaters west of the bridge and south of the ICW. You'll still need to be careful and pick your way through there but that area provides some of the more "intuitive" areas to fish for flounder, drum, trout. You can also navigate down the ICW and on around to the ferry channel that runs over to bear island and fish that area. Anything east of the EI boat ramp is a waste of time IMO unless you really know the water.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Welcome aboard nash, glad that you've joined us. Listen to what Trigger mentioned, TOPWATER, it sure made my fishing days more interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info i have fished that area before a few years ago but only caught a few reds and flounder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts