NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Aurora yesterday morning; the wind was really blowing early and I decided to fish a wind swept bank. I am never sure if it is better to find a sheltered area to fish, or if the bait fish get pushed into the banks by the wind and that is the best place (Any thoughts?). Started throwing white gulp shrimp with chartreuse tails and managed a few flounder (2 keepers (15 & 17") and one sized keeper trout.
I took a friend out who does not fish much and he wasn't getting any strikes, but the wind began to die down and he hooked into a nice 22" red which put up a good fight on the 10 lb test line. I was glad he got one and I think he might be hooked. I tried to throw an MR17 when I saw bait fish being chased, but no takers. It was nice to catch a few fish after nothing doing the few times I have gotten out this summer. My friend was so excited with his catch that he and his wife offered to grill 'em up for dinner last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice job! I've had some excellent days catching specks around Aurora.

Seems like I always have better luck on a bank with the wind beating on it. It's always tempting to get on a bank where you don't have to fight the wind, but I don't seem to catch much when I do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts